Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This is why I'm not much of a reader....

Have any of you read Water for Elephants? Well, I did.... about 2 years ago. I loved it! I could not put it down. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it got me excited....I could go on....but I won't.


I read it during what I like to call, "My reading phase of 2009," (Which also happens to be "The Skinny Summer of 2009" - but that is a different post for a different day). During this phase, I read about 5 books (you can see my phases don't last very long). I was really excited when I found out the Movie gods had decided to make a movie of my favorite book with one of my favorite actresses, Reese (yeah, we are on a first name basis).


So anyways.....the author, Sara Gruen, also wrote a book called "Ape House." I figured I would love it too. Well I don't. I'm no half way through it and I think it sucks. I don't get it. Monkey's on a reality show??



It is very disappointing to me because I want to be a "reader". I want to like to read and I really don't. I mean I love reading Perez Hilton, TMZ, and People.com (don't judge me- it's my guilty pleasure)....And I LOVE to read blogs but I just can't get excited about books. So when I get excited about a book and it lets me down like this one it really makes it hard for me to read.

I was just curious....Do I have too high of an expectation for this book? Am I missing something? Should I keep reading or am I wasting my time? Do y'all read?

P.S. If you keep reading my blog you may notice some punctuation mistakes- It's not that I don't know how to punctuate- It's that I don't care. I prefer to use ...'s (dot-dot-dot's) Please over look this. Blogging may make me a better puntuator <----is this a word?

2 comments:

  1. I'm normally not a girl who likes chick flicks...at least most of them. But Water for Elephants caught my attention...mainly because of Reece....love her! I hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O that doesn't sound good. Thanks for the warning.

    ReplyDelete